Today I played ‘Survivor’ with Bible verses. If you are thinking “She cannot possibly mean Survivor as in the TV show where they eliminate people until there is only one standing”, I have to tell you that that is exactly what I mean!
I decided it would be a great idea to pick three verses that I want to keep on my heart for 2015 and make those my last three memorization verses of 2014. BUT, it’s a big decisions to pick just three verses to model my life after for an entire year. They needed to be good! So… I spent the morning pouring over my bible and bible studies and bible app and blogs that I love. I wrote out a TON of verses that were in contention for “Verses for a Great 2015”. I reflected on each one and what it might mean for 2015 until I eliminated and eliminated down to only 3.
If you decide to do this, and I encourage you to, it occurred to me that everyone’s verses would likely be different. Our journeys with Christ are like snowflakes. They are all unique and no two can ever be alike. My verses reflect the spiritual journey I’ve been on in 2014 and the journey I hope to be on in 2015.
Verses for a Great 2015
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone and the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD. I wait for God my savior, my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 19:11
- Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus Philippians 3:13-14